Optima thermostatic controllers from Grant are suitable for most heating tasks in laboratories. Sophisticated electronics and the latest materials combine to ensure optimum performance, accuracy and stability.
Model TX150 features:
- PID control, soft-touch rotary selector and push-button setting
- Full colour QVGA TFT screen displaying actual and set temperatures, pump speed and memory icons for programming with choice of operating languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian).
- 99 hours 59 minute timer function and heater control fault indicator, audible and visual alarms
- USB interface allowing remote control via an external PC using accessory Labwise™ software
- Programmable relay for ancillary equipment switching during a procedure (external cooling or remote alarm for example)
- High/low temperature alarm setting and temperature limiting for selected liquid type
- Memory storage of 10 programmes each of up to 100 segments.
- User-adjustable overtemperature cut-out
- Low liquid protection by float switch
With an injection moulded case, heater, external circulation pump and two connector plates with outlets for 6mm or 11mm tubing bores, stirrer and Pt1000 temperature sensor projecting down into the liquid and a socket for an accessory external Pt1000 temperature probe. For 230V 50Hz single phase supplies. Each controller is supplied without clamp. An accessory clamp (BJ180-95) allows the controller to be used with almost any type of vessel where it can be attached to the vessel wall. When the controller is to be used with Optima bath tanks the clamp is unnecessary as a bridge plate is provided
|Temperature ranges* without tank using S tanks using P tanks||°C °C °C||0 to 100 0 to 100 amb. +5 to 99||-20 to 120 0 to 120 (5, 12 and 18L baths) -15 to 120 (26 and 38L baths) amb. +15 to 99 (P5 only) otherwise amb. +5 to 99||-50 to 150 0 to 120 (5, 12 and 18L baths) -15 to 120 (26 and 38L baths) amb. +15 to 99 (P5 only) otherwise amb. +5 to 99||-50 to 200 0 to 120 (5, 12 and 18L baths) -15 to 120 (26 and 38L baths) amb. +15 to 99 (P5 only) otherwise amb. +5 to 99|
|Stability, S tanks (DIN 58966) at 70°C||±°C||0.05||0.05||0.01||0.01|
|Uniformity, S tanks at 70°C||±°C||0.1||0.1||0.05||0.05|
|Setting resolution||°C||0.1||0.1||0.1 (0.01 using labwise software)||0.1 (0.01 using labwise software)|
|Display||4 digit LED||4 digit LED||Full colour QVGA TFT||Full colour QVGA TFT|
|No. of stored temperature values||3||3||3||3|
|Two point re-calibration||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|External probe socket||no||no||yes||yes|
|Programmable||no||no||yes, via PC||yes, via PC and directly|
|Number of stored programmes||none||none||1 x 30 segment||10 x 100 segment|
|Heater power, 220-240V||kW||1.3||1.3||1.9||1.9|
|Pump (water) max. pressure max. flow||mbar l/min.||- -||210 16||310 18||530 23 (adjustable flow rate)|
|Inlet/outlet pipe bore diameters||mm||-||6/11||6/11||6/11|
|Overall W x D x H excluding clamp||mm||115 x 145 x 315||115 x 145 x 315||115 x 145 x 315||115 x 145 x 315|
|Height above tank rim||mm||200||200||200||200|
|Depth below tank rim||mm||135||135||135||135|
*A lid or layer of polypropylene spheres must be used when operating between 60°C and 100°C, and is recommended for use below room temperature. Above 100°C, a lid must always be used. Minimum operating temperature without accessory cooling is ambient plus 5°C, except in the 5 litre tanks, in which it is ambient plus 15°C. Minimum and maximum temperatures achievable are dependent upon the tank insulation and the minimum operating temperature depends on the accessory immersion cooler selected.