All Whatman Glass Microfibre filters have a fast filtration and a high loading capacity and particle retention rate.
Grade GF/D: Thick filter made from less fine fibres and retaining 2.7µm size particles with a very high loading capacity. Extremely high speed.
- Manufactured without chemical binder from high grade borosilicate glass
- They are suitable for gravity or low suction filtration
- Filtration speeds generally very much higher than conventional cellulose papers
- Efficient retention of micron size particles
- Must be used flat. Ideal for use in flat perforated plate Buchner type funnels (not sintered glass models)
- Can be used up to 550°C
- Wide range of applications including:
- retention of fine analytical precipitates
- retention of biochemical gelatinous precipitates
- water/air pollution analyses
- as prefilters for membranes
- scintillation counting