Bead storage system for long-term maintenance of stock and quality control of microorganisms during cryopreservation.
- Frozen storage of fastidious and non-fastidious organisms
- Enables frequent uses to guarantee consistent and reliable performance control
- Each vial provides 20 subcultures, dramatically reducing cost per test against traditional methods
- CE marked and FDA approved for assured quality and traceability
- Gamma irradiated sterile to SAL10-6 for total product confidence
In use, a suspension of the organism is created using liquid included in the vial, which is then reintroduced into the vial and shaken with the beads to coat them. The liquid is then withdrawn with an accessory fine tip pasteur pipette and discarded. The coated beads can then be cryopreserved. Recovery is undertaken by aseptically removing a bead and rolling onto plated medium using an inoculating needle or placing in broth and incubating.
In polypropylene box of 100 mixed, matching, colour-coded vials with beads and caps in blue, green, red, white and yellow.